Spaghetti with meat sauce. Pretty basic, really but super tasty and makes for even better leftovers. I’m not a great cook or one who knows fancy terms or pays attention to things like cooking time or measurement but so far my creations have come out pretty good. Also, I have made this a few times before and not used the same ingredients. Here’s the best I can provide.
Ingredients (most are Publix brand, we in a recession y’all):
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1/2ish red onion
5ish cloves of garlic
Morton (duh) salt
Fresh ground pepper
1 lb. lean ground beef
2/3 box of angel hair pasta
1. Saute beef in pan until browned
2. Put diced tomatoes and tomato paste in large pot on stove at medium heat. Add one tomato paste can of water.
3. Add onions and garlic to pot along with beef. Stir continuously.
4. Add several cranks of pepper, a few dashes of salt, a few shakes of oregano and worcestershire sauce.
5. Reduce to low heat and place lid on pan. Let simmer for at least an hour. Check on pot from time to time and alter ingredients to taste i.e., more salt.
6. I like to boil the pasta, strain it, then add it to the sauce and let it all come together. I feel that it’s better than just pouring the sauce over the naked pasta.
Garlic, onion and my new garlic press!
I served this with my usual arugula and asiago salad but was too famished to remember to take a picture of everything plated. Next time!